You are here:---Best way to travel from Dublin to London?
Best way to travel from Dublin to London? 2019-05-25T07:53:40+00:00

Home Forums Catcher General Discussion Best way to travel from Dublin to London?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have read other forums that say anything from ferries to flights, and buses to trains. I am a first time traveler to both Ireland and the U.K., so I am open to all ideas. I have seen many say that flying is a cheap and quick way to travel between the cities. However, I am not opposed to seeing Wales and England by train or bus between Holyhead and London. If we are going to spend as much time in an Airport anyway arriving early and going through security and waiting on a flight, I would just as well spend it on a bus/train/ferry/rental vehicle if that would be more relaxing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

flatfootforked
    Participant

Well there are buses that take 12 hours end to end in the daytime including several hours on a ferry, or 15 hours on an overnight journey. Today GoEuro are advertising this at £35. In UK this will largely be travelling on Motorways.

costaricanhaumea
    Participant

I’ve done both, multiple times, and would recommend flying. The only reason we ever took the train/ferry was to save money when travelling at Christmas time. One of the train/ferry journeys was in bad weather – it rained the entire way, so couldn’t see a thing out the window of the train for most of the journey, and the ferry crossing was quite rough.

advicerocket
    Participant

I recommend the 08:05 sailing of the superb 50,000 ton Ulysses, a superb cruise ferry, connecting at Holyhead with a fast train to London arriving London Euston at 16:38. That’s €50 for both ferry and train, a bargain.

flatfootforked
    Participant

Top tip, add access to the VIP Martello Club lounge for €18 or so and get complimentary tea, coffee, canapes, wine and soft drinks, and a wonderful forward view over the ship’s bridge in a deluxe lounge. A treat!

costaricanhaumea
    Participant

Look out for Llanfair PG which flashes past, the station with the longest name in Britain, then as you cross Stephenson’s famous Britannia Bridge from Anglesey onto mainland Wales look left for a view along the Menai Strait towards Telford’s road suspension bridge in the distance.

advicerocket
    Participant

Online-Bangkok is a modern and convenient tourist service for booking popular tours in Bangkok. We offer a wide range of services: different activities, meetings at Bangkok airports, taxi to Bangkok airport. Group and individual transfers to Koh Samet, Koh Chang and other islands. Free transfers to popular malls and spas.
    Bangkok attracions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.